Fancy learning how to cook wonderful Middle Eatern cuisine? Now you can. Why not get a ticket and come along to the Taste of Palestine Masterclass being run by Tamara Tahhan.
Date & Time
Saturday 3rd December 2016
12:00pm – 4:30pm
Made In Hackney, Food For All Basement, 3 Cazenove Road, Stoke Newington, London, N16 6PA.
£65* (£52 Concessions) includes a delicious free lunch.
“The most wonderful Middle Eastern dishes come from people’s homes! Recipes pass from generation to generation with unique adaptations and many whispered secrets! A love of seasonal ingredients and delicious food is a way of life and cultural bloodline. I will share my passion and give you the techniques, skills and confidence required to create your own delicious and innovative dishes at home.” Tamara Tahhan from My Clapton Kitchen
The class will include:
- An introduction to the history, key ingredients and flavours used in Middle Eastern cooking
- Using techniques such as chopping, smoking, stuffing, preserving, dressing and layering
- Adapting a conventional oven to make your own taboon bread
- How to make creative seasonal mezze including fattet, moutabal, muhammara, zahra mekhla, beetroot kibbeh nayeh and squash sunniyeh
- How to make a traditional Palestinian feasting dish
- A delicious organic lunch and recipes to take home.
* This fee is used to fund our program of free courses to vulnerable and low-income community groups.
For information: Info@madeinhackney.org / 020 8442 4266.
Regretfully, the kitchen is not wheelchair accessible.